Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rat-a-tat..... by my brother Joshua D.M. Johnson

In the blink of an eye all I had once was gone,
I took a deep breathe cause I knew I was wrong,
No one is perfect and I should have known better,
10 years from now will this kid really rememeber?
The three little seconds that changed my entire life,
The anguish and pain, the emotional strife,
I changed the lives of so many and they changed mine as well,
But because I acted without thinking condemned I was to hell,
A slap on the hand, A pat on the wrist,
I can still get myself out of this twist,
"Never Stop Believing," was my battle cry,
Yet I do not sit with my class and no one really understands why....
They said I did this, they said I did that,
Accusations they sounded like rat-a-tat-tat.
Shots fired in every direction,
No care for the youth, they don't see our connection,
Friends are hard to find,
And happy days seem like they are lost forever,
But I will overcome and set out on a brand new endeavor.
You see this circle of life it's bigger than me,
it's really too big for any of us to see,
We all must give back and learn to love one another,
I will survive, grab my hand, join together, call me Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment