Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010 Sharing God’s Word

March 9, 2010 Sharing God’s Word

TODAY'S ENCOURAGING WORD

The LORD is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

-- Psalm 27:1

EVERLASTING LOVE

The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.

-- Jeremiah 31:3

Perhaps no doctrine in Scripture is as clearly stated as that expressed in our text and in many other passages. God loves us! His love is an "everlasting love" and compels Him to act strongly and lovingly on our behalf. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 4:10). This theme finds glorious expression in the grand hymn of the last century entitled "I Am His, and He Is Mine."

Loved with everlasting love, Led by grace that love to know;
Spirit, breathing from above, Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace, O this transport all divine—
In a love which cannot cease, I am His and He is mine.

Jesus prayed, "I in them, and thou in me, . . . that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am" (John 17:23-24). The Father will never allow us to part from Him or our Savior.

These precious facts are taught to us by the "inspired" (literally "God-breathed") Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16), and "the Comforter . . . , the Spirit of truth |who| will guide |us| into all truth" (John 16:7, 13). He drew us to Himself "in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself" (Ephesians 1:4-5). "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God" (1 John 3:1). In His grace, we come to Him, experiencing sweet forgiveness and everlasting love. Cradled in the security of His undying love, we have peace. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee" (Isaiah 26:3).

PRAYER FOR ANIMALS

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Forward to your family and friends!

Want to be added to list or removed from list? Email sgw316@gmail.com and indicate to be added or removed.

God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment